Thursday, December 31, 2015

January Net Worth

December was full of activity. I needed new brakes and tires, paid off one student loan, and spent the holidays with my family and friends. Even through all of those events, I still ended up +754.62 since last month. I have a net worth of -6841.74. I half expected to take a step backwards this month, but it all ended up in the positive direction.

My tires and brakes were a challenge, but I was prepared for it. I had saved up enough to cover the expenses and tossed some of the rest toward that next loan pay off. I am waiting on Great Lakes Higher Ed. to distribute my payment entirely towards the one lowest loan. After that, I will officially be done with two loans. I’m excited to have my payments distributed between less loans, which will make it dwindle more quickly every month.


This month I decided to add in a couple accounts I’ve been leaving out. I added in my tiny retirement fund. I decided to add it, because if I’m losing that amount out of my check each month, then it’s worth adding in my net worth. I also added in my retail credit card to my debt. Between the two, it evens out pretty well. I will consider adding in the value of my car, but I still don’t quite see that as an asset, yet.

I wanted to get my update in before the new year. Everyone have a great and safe holiday with friends and family! Check out my goals for 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment