Sunday, December 27, 2015

Planning Ahead

I had a wonderful Christmas with my family. We did all of our typical celebrations, just minus the snow. Even though it wasn't white, it definitely brought a great close to the year.

I know there are still a few days left until the New Year, but I'm a planner. I've been setting my budget for next month, creating a new spreadsheet tab, and setting my goals for 2016. Paying off my second loan and getting my car fixed, leaves me starting off 2016 with a minuscule amount in my savings. I'll report my January net worth soon, but I'm pretty sure it will go down. It's all good though. One loan is crossed off and my car is working smoothly.

In the New Year, most people make resolutions to work out, stop eating unhealthy, and to spend more time with their family. The thing is, they are impossible to stick to. I instead want to make goals - something measurable and flexible. I love the fresh start a new month offers, so this new year is a perfect time to make some new goals and decisions.

I'm setting myself a hearty goal of paying off $10,000 this year. I was able to pay off over $5,000 since July, so I want to set myself to keep on that pace. I had saved up money before then, but I want to keep from getting stagnant. I'll be including my monthly payments and any extra I can throw at my debt. I did start factoring in my store credit card into my debt, so I want to get that paid off with my tax return.

I plan to track my progress (of course) and see how I'm doing in July. If my goal really is too lofty, maybe I'll reconsider. But for now, that large goal only makes me more excited to start off the year.

What are you changing in the new year? How are you pushing yourself even more?

No comments:

Post a Comment