Monday, December 28, 2015

I love Mondays!

I am probably one of the few people that truly enjoy Mondays. If someone asks me my favorite days of the week, my answers are Monday and Thursday. Thursday - because it's almost Friday. I found out my love for Monday's is a little more complex. 

Monday is the day that everything starts over. It's the day you can decide to get projects done. It's also the day that growing up - and even until this past summer - I would wear a new outfit. Really, this is something that gets me out of bed in the morning. My shopping habit is something I've been working on so much during this process. I saw on Pinterest, a pin from levo.com. It suck out, because it explained a "habit loop." It's three steps that include a trigger, the act itself, and then the reward. For me, I'd buy (or receive) a new outfit, wear it on Monday, and then get told how great it looks to reinforce my actions. 


I'm pretty proud of myself for how much I've cut back. I haven't bought myself a new pair of shoes, coat, or jewelry in a while. Somehow I still need to get out of bed and make my Mondays special. Now, I've started a habit of wearing something from the back of my closet, or just a "dressier" outfit. It still makes the day special and people still offer the same compliments whether it's old or new. 

How are you changing your habits this month? 

- Following fellow financial independence role models on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and through email subscriptions definitely help keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment