Thursday, October 29, 2015

Easy Extra Income

I’ve been moving all of my clothes now that I have two bedrooms. Any time you move you think, “Man, do I really need this?” I am a terrible person to move. My family helped me move in and out of my dorm rooms each Fall/Spring and I’m surprised they still helped me Senior year. 

As I tramped my clothes/shoes/sparkly necklaces upstairs I was able to find a few things I could live without. I’ve heard of people selling their clothes or belongings on Ebay and using that as a side income, but I’m not that invested. I like extra money, but it’s only worth the amount of effort and time needed.

I’ve always shopped at consignment stores for furniture, but I haven’t been in too many for clothing. They remind me of Goodwill, except it smells less like bleach. One Saturday, I brought in a pile of clothes to a consignment store. I half expected them to take it all just because I’m plus sized and their section sucked. Surprisingly they “weren’t taking dresses” and “flats don’t do well here” were the responses I got. I ended up only leaving two pairs of shoes and a pair of jeans at the store. 

The store splits the amount paid for the item 50/50. All I did was turn in the same items I would have thrown away, filled out some information, and poof, I now have $6 to be paid out. That is $6 more than I had for an item that was just causing more clutter. 

I’m considering that I should submit my other “denied” items to a different consignment shop. They’re less picky, but it’s also less profit for the consigner at that location. Either way, it’s more money than I had previously and it’s a pretty easy side gig. 

What are you doing to earn a few extra bucks this month?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment