Monday, October 12, 2015

Flea Market Finds

Saturday I spent my second full weekend off at a flea market. This one runs every Saturday from April to October.

I have watched every Flea Market Flip on HGTV and I had to see what all the fun was about. I will admit that it was not as big as I had imagined. It took up almost every inch of a block’s worth of park.

The weather was absolutely perfect and the two hour car ride was a great time to take in the autumn scenery. In another weekend the leaves would have been more stunning, but it also may have been 20 degrees cooler.

I took about $100 from the ATM. This was all I intended to spend. I came out of the afternoon only spending $20 on a vintage 50s side table. I’m redecorating a bedroom and thought this would be perfect. We got home and put the furniture in only to discover that my perfect find doesn’t fit. I suggest measuring before purchasing.

There were multiple vendors with furniture, but the majority were “smalls.” These, albeit cool, knick-knacks really aren’t my style anymore, so that helped keep me from spending. If the mini-doughnut guy had still been open it would have been a different result.

How did you spend your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment