Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Money Journaling

Before I left my retail job I splurged and bought a super cute notebook. This isn't one to just scribble in or play MASH. I wanted to do something meaningful with such a beautiful piece of stationary. I dubbed it my "money journal". I've read before of an experiment to write down how you felt, what is your reasoning and why you spent money on something.

Basically-food journal, but for money. Right now, my biggest expense is gas. It's just something I have to do. No ways around it. So I'm sure that will come up a lot.
Otherwise, I'm hoping to also use it as a place to jot down interesting ideas for this blog and future projects. I should make my splurge worth it in the long run.

Some hooligan egged my car this morning and the first thing I thought as I’m washing it off in the car wash is, “Man, that’s five dollars I could have put toward my loan.” I’ve paid off over $3,000 since July and my goal is to hit $5,000 by January. This is an attainable goal, but it’s going to take some work since my income is much less than during the summer. The money journal will act as another way to keep myself accountable toward that goal.

What keeps you in check? How do you make sure to keep your goals in mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment