Sunday, September 20, 2015

Tell me About Yourself

Today I found out that my blog has been viewed over 600 times. How crazy is that? I’m so very thankful and excited to know that people are finding this and maybe getting something out of it. I also re-read my first post.Ever have to answer the “Tell me about yourself.” interview question? It’s absolutely terrible. I know very few people who actually excel at talking only about themselves. I think you guys deserve to know a little more about me.


I want you all to know more about my actual life. Why I’m here, what I’m doing, and who is influencing me. I’m here, because I believed the “American Dream” of getting a college education and a good job would follow. I love my parents dearly, but they are teachers who had/have their own debt still from college and didn’t have a penny saved to help me out. They did offer to help me get Parent PLUS loans, which is more than I know some parents would do. I also chose to major in something not quite as stable as nursing or accounting. I chose English. Mostly because that’s what I’m good at, and secondly because I’d been convinced not to become a teacher too.


I’m trying to find my way without completely having the infamous quarter life crisis. That means being ok with living with my family for right now. Without them, I wouldn’t be able to even make the minimum payments on my loans. I’m so very thankful to have their support while I find my place. I’ll be starting a position soon at a global HRO company. It’s not a flashy job description, but it’s a start.


You’ve probably already noticed it, but my family is everything to me. In high school I wrote a whole monthly newspaper column about our crazy adventures. Oddly enough it was called “I Need a Bailout Too” and had money clip art in the header. My little sister just went off to a nearby college and my Granny lives next door. I’m the kind of person that enjoys going out with my mom and her friends to the movies.
I have a pretty great boyfriend who actually enjoys talking about financial things with me. I know he’s one of my viewers and editors. Ever start something because of someone else and find that you actually enjoy it on your own? No matter what, thanks.


If I had more time (or maybe used it more wisely) I’d be baking and biking every day. My butter cream is my secret weapon and my new retro bike needs many more miles on it before winter.

I hope you readers have gotten to the end of this without being too bored. Now I want to know about you. Where are you at in your journey? Who supports you? Any advice from those already through this stage in their lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment