Sunday, September 27, 2015

Free is My Favorite Price


I go over to my Granny’s house and every time I walk up the front steps she asks me to “check the mailbox.” Every. Darn. Time. We will be running late for church, a move, dinner, a cubs game, and she will ask us to check the mail. Most of the time all that comes are junk mail and bills. Per her habit, I usually walk in my house and see what the mail was that day. To my surprise, I actually had something exciting yesterday!

My hobby is going to concerts. I will see anyone play anywhere. I’ll see big time pop stars at arenas and I’ll see local bands at dive bars. I love it all. Because of my avid enthusiasm for live music, one of my favorite venues, The Rave, sent me four free tickets to three different concerts. How cool is that?

I always recommend this smaller venue to people. A small intimate venue is a great way to see an up-and-coming band/artist or even a well known group. Plus, this venue even does Buy One Get One Free promotions for less popular shows.

I’m sure this promotion is geared toward retaining loyal ticket buyers and these shows probably didn’t sell a lot of tickets, but I’m stoked to even be considered. If they took some of my suggestions for future entertainers I’d be there every weekend.

Where is somewhere that has great customer service? Who gives you the most perks for your patronage?

No comments:

Post a Comment