Sunday, May 29, 2016

Vacation Dreams

A work friend of mine just got back from a trip to Europe. She visited France and Italy. The Instagram pics were beautiful. 
When she came back, we recapped over lunch. She asked about my travels. I've mostly been on family vacations and one trip for a wedding, but it's all been within the US. 

I've started to think about what life will be like when I've paid off all my debt. I'll have about $900 a month to do with my choosing. I've wanted to travel, but it has always seemed like something I can't afford. If I'm able to stay out of debt and pay off all of my current debt, I want to go on a trip. A real out of the country vacation. 

I explained this dream to my friend and she asked me why and how I can wait that long. Since I'm not used to lavish vacations, I know waiting won't be too hard. My first and most important goal is paying off that debt, so I want to stay focused. As it gets closer, maybe I can start saving earlier for my trip. Overall, I want to finish one thing and then reward myself at the end of the long trip. 

Here's to thinking in the long term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment