Friday, May 13, 2016

Party On

Summer time is the season of weddings, parties, and barbecues. I'll be throwing my best friend from forever a gender reveal party. It's her first child and I'm hoping for her to have a little girl. She has four sisters and only a couple boy cousins. Everyone else is pulling for a boy, but I know a girl would be a handful if she is anything like her mother.

We've been planning this party for about two months or so. We have multiple sweets and decorations picked out. I've been trying to make this party as fun and thrifty as possible.
  • Plan out your party menu ahead of time. I've been picking up two liter sodas and blocks of cheese for the past three weeks as they are on sale at my grocery store.
  • Invest in decorations where they make the biggest punch. I have bought only three or four “boy or girl” gender reveal specific decorations. I'll put these up in highly visible places to look the most spirited.
  • Go to your local dollar store. I picked up more decorations, paper products, and even balloons there. I came home with a car full for about $30.
  • Be ok with asking others to pitch in. I asked my friend if she could get some of the food, since it will be at my family's home and I'll be making the deserts. She was completely understanding and is excited to be involved.
  • Don’t spend on games or music. Everyone will be talking and getting to know each other anyway. Pandora in the background and an old Catchphrase or Apples to Apples game will work well as icebreakers.
Overall, I am most excited to start the “new baby” festivities. Adding another member to our crew will only bring new stories and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment