Thursday, May 19, 2016

Bi-monthly Payments

This is my first month of a new loan strategy. I will be paying on my PLUS loans twice a month instead of just once. I've heard this will help reduce the overall interest paid. 

I paid $250 from my first monthly check and just paid another $250 from my most recent check. Now I'm paying more overall, but it feels like less initially. 
I'm constantly looking at my Google Spreadsheet for my Debt Avalanche tracker. It will be nice to update it another time each month. I have noticed that it's taking off smaller amounts each time, but all together it makes a difference. 

I will be putting less overall to savings. With my recent raise, it should offset some of that difference. I am moving toward putting ALL extra funds right to the loans, but I still need more confidence to do that. 
Overall, it's a new strategy to keep things fresh and challenging. I know I'm starting to get comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment