Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Living on the Edge

I have $5 until payday. I know right? Pretty scary. I've put myself in a position where I'm still technically living “paycheck to paycheck”. 

The FI goal is to be a month ahead in your account for all of your bills/expenses. I'm not quite on that level. I really have more than $5 to my name. I have funds in savings for my extra loan payments, auto mishaps, and medical needs. I have needed to dip into those accounts a few times when I miscalculated, but I always repay it first thing. 

Maybe the thrill of only having $5 for the next two days excites me. Maybe I like allocating every cent. And maybe I accidentally put a little too much into savings. Whatever the reason, I'm so thankful I have wonderful home cooked leftovers for lunch the next couple days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment