Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Rough Times for the Bank Account and Heart

Last week was rough. For multiple reasons.

I started this blog, because I wanted to tell my story. Well, my story was inspired and encouraged by my then significant other. He decided to call things quits, and that left me dreading this blog post.

I enjoyed so very much that I was with someone who was financially on the same plan as myself. We could talk about anything - our debts, hopes for retirement, and daily struggles. We just happened to not be on the same page emotionally.

I’m definitely someone who learns from experience. After every relationship or encounter I learn more about what I want and need in my life. I learned how important it is to connect with someone on that financial level.  

Now, I’m left wondering if there is a “Financial Independence People Meet” dating website? If not, I hope someone comes up with it soon. I was initially worried that I would give up on all of this now that the relationship is over, but editing that Google doc with my updated pay off still made me excited and happy to keep going.

Like I said, this month will continue to be rough, but Adel and mint.com will get me through. I have blown money due to emotional spending. I’ve been stashing away extra cash in my piggy bank to try and hide money from myself. I also need to adjust my budget to factor in the lack of help on the entertainment front. Luckily, I have awesome family and friends who love the extra time with me.


What has set you back this month? Who is inspiring you?

No comments:

Post a Comment