Sunday, January 31, 2016

Productive Sunday

I spent the day vacillating between watching trashy TV and trying to be productive. Overall, I would like to say that productivity won, but you can be the judge of that.

Three women live at my parents' house. We turned an extra spare space into a "closet room" in our old house. Really, it's just a catch all for the purses, shoes, and clothes we can't fit in our small rooms.

We've been needing to clean for months now. It finally was a good day to buckle down and do some cleaning. I definitely will not take the credit for cleaning that room. My mom spent hours up there and made some headway on the project. I helped organize my shoes and choose what should go to the consignment store. I also took on the "purse project."

In a bin were purses I've had for over eight years. Since they're all smashed in a bin, you can tell I haven't used them in quite a while. I narrowed it down and threw out the overused items and put some aside to try and consign.

The best part of the project was finding lost goodies along the way. Here's what I scored:
$5.00 x 1= $5.00
$1.00 x 4 = $4.00
$0.25 x 4 = $1.00
$.10 x 7 = $.70
$.05 x 2 = $.10
$.01 x 8 = $.08
Coldstone Giftcard = $.11
Boston Market Giftcard = $.68
Panera Bread Giftcard = $7.40
Panda Express Giftcard = $1.77
Forever 21 Giftcard = Unknown

Total Found = Over $20.84

I was also excited to find an old Coach wallet I used back in the day. Its only a few years old and still in great condition. We were out shopping over the weekend and I really wanted to buy a new one, but I was able to find and re-purpose an old one.

Cleaning out a closet can be a productive day - both in appearance and in budget.




No comments:

Post a Comment