Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Making Headway

Since July I have paid off $7,079.46 in loan debt. This is the first month in my “pay off $10,000 this year” goal. I have figured out that with just my base payments I pay off $532 each month. That means I only need $3616 extra this year or about $300 a month. Breaking it down like this has me super motivated. When I made my $10,00 goal, some people balked that it would be too hard on the little amount that I make. I know that I can do it, but I wish I had more of the data since my very first loan payments a year ago.

It’s been tough this month. Now that I’m out more with my friends and trying to eat better, I’m finding that my money goes quickly. I’m starting to become the person who only brings enough cash for the night with her to an event. I’ll be close to my $300 savings for this month. Next month, I hope to do a little better and get above that to even things out.

I’ve been spending my newfound free time at the gym and taking my cockapoo to the dog park. Eating healthier and exercising more were part of my “new year new me” resolutions and a result of getting my heart broken. My mom has so helpfully volunteered to exercise with me. She put our venture in a great light, “Any exercising I do today is more than I typically would have done.” It’s such a positive spin on the effort we put in towards our goals. The penny I find in the street or the coupon I use on milk are all more than I have done the previous day.

Who is supporting you on your journey? What are you doing extra today?

No comments:

Post a Comment