Saturday, January 16, 2016

Piggy Bank

With all of my troubles this month,  I wanted to put any extra cash I have left over from nights out into my trusty piggy bank. My granny has slipped me a few bucks here and there, so those have all gone into the piggy bank too. If I have cash, I will spend it frivolously.


Now, my question is - do I keep this piggy bank theory, or do I start depositing it into my savings account every month to put toward my loan pay off?


My piggy bank offers great convenience. It is right on my night stand, and I can drop in my change or extra bills right away. The reason I’m hesitant on this option for the long run is because I can hear those bills calling to me every night. They are asking to be spent on cheese curds and movies.

I don’t really earn a whole lot in interest for my credit union savings account. It still is more than just sitting in my room. The debate lives on, but it would be an interesting challenge to see exactly how much I can stash away. I want to take it into the bank next year to see how well I did. As long as those bills stop calling my name, it should be a successful way to stash some extra cash.

1 comment:

  1. The bills in the piggy bank might be calling your name. You simply need to stop listening the them.

    ReplyDelete