Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Three Paycheck Month!

This month has been going fairly well. I again resisted a very discounted watch I’ve been eyeing for the past few months and I was able to put $500 into my loan savings account. I’m not stoked that Great Lakes Higher Ed still did put my $1000 payment all toward one loan, but at this point, I’m just happy to have it put toward all the loans. I’m down to four there, which in itself is a step. I’ve paid off over $9,000 since last July!

Overall, life just keeps getting better as that debt goes downward. April brings a situation that only happens once and awhile. It will be a three paycheck month for me. This means that, because of how paydays and the weeks in the month fall, I will be getting an “extra” paycheck. 

Really, I’ll still have to make sure that I have enough money to cover the next month’s bills, but there should be extra to put toward savings. The best way to handle a three paycheck month, is to not do anything differently. Don’t spend extra. Don’t buy more watches. Don’t put too much into savings so that you can’t pay bills the next month. 

I’ll be excited for that extra paycheck, so I’ll have to try and contain myself also. I’m still going for promotions at work in hopes of a raise and/or stability. It would be so fantastic to post about it when that happens. Until then, enjoy your three paycheck month - If we’re on the same schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment