Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Real Emergency

Friday at work my day was going pretty smoothly until my team meeting mid-morning. We got news that our team would be shut down until January 15th due to a hiring freeze by our client.

I felt numb, but I watched the faces of my teammates. A few were absolutely devastated. It's coming upon the holidays. Those with kids were unable to comprehend that everything would probably be alright and we would all be temporarily placed on other teams.

 I finally absorbed all the information and turned to my colleague and said, "I will be alright. I have an emergency fund." 
Knowing I had a safety net, made the situation a whole lot less dramatic. 

My managers pulled through and found me a spot on another team for the next three weeks. I will not be needing my emergency fund, but knowing it's there is a giant sense of relief. 

If you're ever considering taping into your emergency fund - don't. Use those funds for the time when you think, "Thank God I have an emergency fund." 

No comments:

Post a Comment