Thursday, August 6, 2015

LC and Me

Now that I have a strict budget, I need to actually follow it. I'm attempting a $1,000 budget this month. I'll be making extra income, so to curb my spending I've been even more drastic with my saving goals. 

Any millennial girl knows that Lauren Conrad stole the hearts of millions on The  Hills and now shares recipes and budgeting tips on her website, like this post http://bit.ly/1NgcTgn. So taking LC's inspiration, I have a few tips for staying on budget. 

1. Don't work retail. Seriously. If you can do anything else or work somewhere that coupons, credit cards, and tables made just for impulse buying are not around, then do it. 

2. Be organized. Remember to get cash out from an atm that won't have a fee rather than while you're at the local dive bar paying extra for your Spotted Cow. Getting downtown early for a play or night out could mean cheaper parking rates or even finding a free spot. 

3. Ask for help. Negotiating with roommates, thrift stores, and service providers can really add up the savings. Don't be shy to ask for a deal. 

4. Know your progress. Keep tabs on your finances by checking your accounts and receipts. It's much less tempting to go out to dinner when the money has already been spent. Also, make sure your receipts and accounts match up. 

5. Remember your goals. Why are you budgeting? What are you trying to achieve? Ask yourself if your purchase will help you get there. 

These are my five tips. What are your tricks to staying in the green? 

No comments:

Post a Comment