Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Wrap-Up

We did it. We got through a year full of changes. I met some goals, made some new ones, and am setting up for the next year. I’ve already spent way too much time on my 2017 spreadsheets.


The Greatest Hits:
I made my goal of paying off $10,000 in debt this year. Actually - I crushed it by reaching $12,415.05 paid off this year.


I also hit my goal of moving up at my current job. I now am a recruiter and absolutely love what I do. There are really no limits in this field, so it’s just the beginning.


I was able to start using the “envelope system” and stuck better to my budget. It also helped me save enough cash to cover all of my Christmas presents. No more debt for this girl.


I now have a net worth over -$50,000! I’m ending 2016 at -$47,828.78.




2017 Goals:


Pay off $14,000 in debt. - I want to stretch myself to beat last year. I think I can do this with some extra hustling and also some expected increases.


Save $700 for a vacation. - I have only once been on a vacation with my friends. I usually do family trips, which are great and obviously less expensive for me, but I want to go and explore with one of my best friends. I would like to have at least that much to make it fun and less stressful.


Save $800 in my auto account. - I have about $400 already in this account, but it needs to be restocked. It’s set up for any car maintenance, but I’m hoping to transition it to a new car fund as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment