Monday, October 17, 2016

I Love My Envelopes

I wrote to you guys about my first attempt at the Envelope System and I am offically in love. I've found how I can curb my spending and feel great about it!

My envelopes now consist of these categories: Food, Bar, Groceries, Fun, Miscellaneous, and Gas. All pretty typical, but they are all where I can get a little out of hand.

The Gas category isn't the most flexible, but I am now able to get gift cards easier that will give my dad's school and myself some cash back. I also put all of the coinage into my piggy bank.

Overall, taking the money out in cash helps me refrain from online shopping and using my debit card. I have to seriously think, "Do I want to pay for this?" Sometimes, the answer is Yes! I bought some new Nike shoes last month and I am so happy I did. My old pairs were at least 8 years old. What's awesome now is that I don't feel bad about going out to eat or buying some much needed shoes. I feel like I can make more choices, because I have that money right in front of me.

And what's also awesome is that I've had cash left over every month. I don't plan to change my ammounts any time soon. I usually come close, or have to really cut back to keep myself in those areas - but a few dollars here and there adds up.

It has added up to about $200 saved in three months. I've kept this stashed away to pay for Christmas presents. I know I said I may do something fun with it, but to me giving great gifts and shopping for my family are things I enjoy.

I suggest everyone try something new with their budget. The experiment might just work!

No comments:

Post a Comment