Monday, July 13, 2015

The Begining

Today I start my first money blog post. If anyone actually reads this, it's nice to meet you and I'm Maggie. After Google searching and finding inspiration the last few months from J. Money at http://www.budgetsaresexy.com/ and the multiple bloggers at http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/ I've decided that it's time I put in my two cents. (Maybe one since we're all so frugal.)

Whenever I stumble upon a great blog or advice column, I try and apply it to my own life. Being a 22-year-old woman with lots of student loan debt, a car loan, and working about 60 hours a week to try and get ahead, I sometimes have to really think broadly to apply the concepts. My financial mentors seem (at least from my perspective) to have everything figured out, or at least a reliable income.

I wanted to add my blog out to the universe, because I'm sure there are more twenty-somethings out there like me. Ones that are taking their first cracks at being self-sufficient, trying to land their dream job, and budgeting for the first time. My blog is for these people. No, I don't have everything figured out or some great advice about IRA's, but I'll learn with you. Hopefully, by sharing my experiences and hopefully getting some feedback, we'll all get a leg up on this whole personal finance and financial independence thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment