Sunday, July 19, 2015

Digit: Helpful Friend or Pesky Foe?

Saving can be tough, so another app geared toward financial stability is Digit. It uses a "complex algorithm" to determine what money you could save without even noticing it. Once you've saved enough or need the funds, you can send a text message to transfer the amount. I've read multiple reviews of how helpful this app can be.

Personally, I find it unattractive. I enjoy that time of the month when I personally transfer over my funds to different accounts and watch my Mint goals' progress. If I started to use digit, my mint tracking would get all messed up. That doesn't sound appealing since I try to keep it as neat and orderly as possible.

As someone who is consciously trying to save any extra funds, I find it a bit insulting. I'm sure there are a few more dollars here and there I could be stashing away instead of getting an extra sundae from Culver's, but I'd rather not admit it.

For someone who isn't staying on top of their budget or even saving at all, Digit could be a great way to start the saving habit. Digit could also be a good opportunity for those who do not use online ways of tracking their spending/savings. It may seem counterintuitive, but if I wasn't using Mint, I would probably give Digit a try.

Here is the website to learn more, try it, and form your own opinions. https://digit.co/ Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment