Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Be Grateful

On my way to work, I was thinking of how I can get one of my loans paid off. I'm down to my last two Parent PLUS loans and am acheing to pay as much as possible in July.

I thought about my family. About how my grandma worked hard as long as she could and did her very best for her family. The family was by no means rich at that time and we're still not. She had enough money to buy her daughter one good pair of shoes, one play pair of shoes, and only a few outfits for dress and play. My grandma was the one who with her first paycheck bought a sink. She redid the plumbing herself to move it across the kitchen.

When I think about her and where my family has come from - I'm extremely grateful. I have a kush job where I get to match people with their dream jobs. I make good money and still live with my family. I need to be thankful that I get to pay down this debt. So many people wish they could go to school. Many have much more important immediate needs like food and shelter compared to my net worth aspirations.

Take a step back and realize how thankful we need to be for this FI community and the blessings we already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment