Friday, December 8, 2017

PLUS LOANS ARE DONE

I hit my first long term FI goal. I’ve just submitted my last payment for my Parent PLUS Loans. Today is payday and I woke up anxious to get my payment sent out. It’s still pending, so I’ll officially celebrate next week.

This is an exciting feeling. It’s the endorphins I needed to catapult me into a stricter budget. It’s been a long journey to reach hitting this goal - In part because I chose the Debt Avalanche vs the Debt Snowball.

Now I’ll be focusing on my Auto Loan and Fed Loans in the New Year. I would like to get $20,000 paid off this year, but I also have been using my credit card too much. - I’ll let you know which I decided to put it towards.

Celebrate the wins, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can't wait until I can write the same post. I have 8 years worth of Parent Plus loans, and I've knocked out 3. 5 more to go...I'm on track to knock out the rest in 3 years or less using the snowball method. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete