Sunday, December 3, 2017

December Run-Down

It’s been a bit, but I’m doing some financial recalibrating. I mentioned how I was going budget free lately. I’ve decided it’d be best to get my butt back in gear.

I did an analysis of my debt payments towards my Plus loans. It’s interesting to see the trends. I can tell where I lost focus or other things came up.

I’m going back on the budget train in January. Right now, I’m giving a final December push to finish the year by paying off $20,000 in debt. I’m close, but need a little extra to get it closed out.

I’m starting to adjust my budget and envelopes for 2018. I would absolutely love to be debt free by May of 2019 - five years from when I graduated from college, but I think that might be too ambitious. It’s a fun goal though. With my budget in hand, it could happen.

I know I can do it by January 2020, which is still an exciting thing to calculate.

In my yearly wrap-up I’ll go over more, but you guys know I love to think about all of that stuff already in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment