Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Back on a Budget

My family is headed back to school/work and fall/ holiday plans are already in the works. I'm down to just over $5,000 left on my last parent PLUS loan.

I recently received my last planned raise in pay. I realized that I am officially at that place where over half my income can go to my debt avalanche. I'm going back to using cash for gas and other expenses. I am doing my own version of the envelope system. I've taken out an allotted amount of spending money per week. I can do as I wish with that. I can go out for drinks, pick up lunch, buy hair products, and lust after fall fashions. No judgement here because in the long run, it's in the budget.

I plan to reduce my spending money next month based on how much I can use self control this month. Any extras I save in cash will either go towards Christmas presents, or helping my grandma pay the plumber.

Here's to rocking out the last months of 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment