Sunday, April 2, 2017

I Got a Credit Card

I did something I'm not sure many FI bloggers talk about. I got a credit card. I'm 24 guys, so I don't really have much credit, but what I do have is good.

I've considered credit cards with some rewards or cash back. I'm not really going to get approved for those. Some have fees that don't really make the cash back worthwhile.

My search really started when my debit card expired and I was trying to get a hotel room for work. I didn't have the new card yet to replace the expired one.

I've decided to go with a credit card at my local credit union. I get a good interest rate of only about 8%. I intend to only use the credit card for work related purchases. I get reimbursed, so I can pay it off easily. Also it will allow me to not personally budget for work trips as well.

Overall, I think it's a step in a good direction. The limit is only $500, so I can watch myself and see if I can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment