Friday, July 29, 2016

The Dating Game

Dating has changed since I've started to budget myself better. I originally was one of those girls who went on a date for free dinner and drinks. A couple years ago I had an epiphany that really made me think about how I was treating people. 

After some introspection I started to semi-seriously date someone who wanted to be a "provider" for me. You guys know that ended and so I was playing the dating game again. Except this time, I knew I could pay for my own dinners and drinks if needed.

Being able to say, “separate checks, please” to the waiter is the most relieving thing after a bad date. I'd go to work and a young guy would ask me if the guy paid. Every time I would say he didn't, he reacted as if that guy wouldn't work out for me. Sometimes, paying just seems right and not paying seems right. It really is just a feeling. 

Now, I'm dating a guy that I kinda like. We've been out in multiple dates. Some pretty thrifty and a few a little more expensive. The first couple times I would pay for my drinks or coffee. Now that we're kinda “together” it will be interesting to see how things play out. So far it hasn't really been an issue. He's seen my cash envelopes and I've talked about my debt. It seems to be off to a pretty good start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment